Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jo Jo had a pretty good day today. Her cardiologist says that she should be able to go home within the next week. Today I took my CPR training class and our Social Services rep came to talk to me about Home Health. I really can't believe that we are getting so close to going home. It almost feels like a dream. Jolianne is receiving her feeds over an hour and 45 minutes. She only needs to get it down by 45 minutes and she can come home with us. We hope that she will be there by this weekend and we can spend the night with her with no monitors on. We have continued to practice giving her meds and preparing her feeds. It feels so good to be taking care of my little angel. It is so weird to be getting up every few hours to feed her and comfort her. She is 3 months old now and I am just now doing these things. I hope that tomorrow Jeremy and I will get training on how to place her NG tube. That is the last of our training and we will be cleared to take her home as soon as she gets her feeds where they need to be. Thank you so much to everyone for their continued prayers and support. We could not do this without you!!!

4 comments:

The Claytons said...

Such awesome news! I am so glad to hear that soon you will be able to take that sweet baby home with you! Sounds like you are getting everything taken care of that you need to know for her care and I know ya'll will do a great job! We love ya'll!


Kim

Aunt Tanya said...

It is a dream,a dream come true!!!2010,what a great year it's going to be.Ya'll are all going to do great when she is safely home!When ya'll walk out of those Hospital doors.There should be a Motorcade waiting to lead the Princess outta there.I shout to the LORD with praise & Thanks!!I love you so much little angel,keep on fighting He has you in his arms!!Aunt Tanya

Nana and Papa said...

Today's posts are ones that we have dreamed for and prayed for months. It does seem like a fairy tale. (And I do hope to see you some day try your hand at writing fairy tales and children's stories since you have such a talent for it)
We are so very happy for you all. And proud of you and the way you have handled yourselves during these trying times and have kept your faith and entrusted Jolianne to the Lord.
In hospitals since August! Wow! I'm guessing when you get your family home together again you won't want to leave for anything! I think I'll try to find a little pink Christmas tree for JoJo to have in her room next year with our purple prayer bracelets on it!

We praise God for this and all blessings.

Congratulations to Mommy and Daddy and Happy New Year to baby JoJo, Ronnie D. and Andy!

With love,
Nana and Papa

Unknown said...

Crystal...

I hope you continue your writings here. I anticipate each one...but I understand you may be consumed by your new duties at home. This is all so exciting, Crystal!!

Marcella