Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Training Has Begun.

Pretty Princess

Yesterday afternoon they went ahead and pulled Jolianne's PICC line out. This morning they turned off Jo Jo's oxygen machine and she is doing very well without it. They said that we can remove the cannula today if she continues to do well. I have started learning how to give her medicine in her feeding tube. They let me do her meds this morning and I will get to do the other meds that she gets this afternoon. I am going to learn how to place a NG Tube on a practice doll this afternoon. Then I will do a few on Jo Jo so that I am familiar with the process when we go home. I am suppose to take a CPR class sometime this week also. We are hoping that they have one on Friday so that Jeremy does not have to miss work to come to the class. Jolianne continues to do better and better each day. I can hardly believe it. It seems like we have been here so long and to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel is miraculous!!! We will continue to pray that Jo Jo will not have any trouble and she can get her feeds down to where they need to be and then we will start our new adventure: "Life at home with Jo Jo".

4 comments:

Nana and Papa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana and Papa said...

That's our Pretty Princess! How pretty she looks with all of the tubes and wires gone! Amazing! Thank you Lord!
That sounds like A Lot to learn. But, it must feel awesome to have all of these tangible things that you can now do to take care of your baby girl. I know it must be a little scary but we will certainly continue to pray for your strength and knowledge to meet the challenges ahead. You have all come so far and Dad and I are so very proud. Thank you for being such awesome parents (and children..no matter how old you are!)
With love,
Mom and Dad

December 29, 2009 10:09 AM

The Claytons said...

Such a sweet picture and she has a bow in her hair :O)

I know that you and Jeremy will do an awesome job with her at home with whatever it entails! Through the whole hospital stay you both have shown such great strength! I love ya'll!

Love,

Kim

Aunt Tanya said...

Jolianne Charlene Clayton,
YOU ARE SO AMAZING!!!
Thank you Jesus for all your many blessings.
I Love you little Angel!!
Aunt Tanya